Manchester | Thurs, 21st January | 11.00am – 3.30pm
The Housing & Planning Bill, which was introduced in October, is currently making its way through Parliament. It contains many of the Government’s key reforms to the planning system. With major changes expected, what will 2016 hold for the different stakeholders involved?
Nick Wood-Dow, deputy chairman of Chelgate Local, will chair a Westminster Briefing seminar on planning policy in 2016 in Manchester on January 21, 2016. The agenda includes:
The Housing & Planning Bill and Government Planning Reforms
- Housing & Planning Bill measures and their impacts
- A legal duty for LAs to guarantee delivery of new starter homes
- Exempting starter home initiatives from planning levies
- Strengthened guidance to improve the operation of the duty to cooperate
- Developments in ‘Right to Build’ and allocating land
- Brownfield land registers, a new zonal system & automatic permission in principle
- Introducing a dispute resolution mechanism for section 106 agreements
- The future for the National Planning Policy Framework
Mike Kiely, Chair, Planning Officers Society
Joseph Kilroy, Policy Officer, Royal Town Planning Institute
Simin Davoudi, Professor of Environment Policy & Planning, Newcastle University
Local Plans and Planning
- The 2017 deadline for local plans & powers for the Secretary of State to intervene and arrange for plans to be written
- Streamlining the length and process of Local Plans
- Getting the Viability Test right
- Tightening the performance regime so that LAs making 50% or fewer of decisions on time are at risk of designation & extending the regime to minor applications
Ian MacLeod, Head of East Development & Planning, Birmingham City Council
Michael Pocock, Partner – Planning & Environment, Pinsent Masons LLP
The seminar is being held at DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly, 1 Piccadilly Place, 1 Auburn Street, Manchester M1 3DG.
For further information and to book, please go to the Westminster Briefing website. For a 15 per cent discount enter CHELGATE2016 in the Discount Code box at the bottom of the registration page.